|Make Friends Online | Buddies4you.com|
Meet New Friends Online with free messaging & free chat rooms. Find new local friends & international penpals.
Free Membership | Help/FAQs
Make New Friends | Find Friends Online | Local Friends
International Friends Penpals
Make friends and meet people in your area or international penpals and widen your social circle.
Find a friend
looking to share common interests. Search our members, send them a Hi to let them know you would like to chat!
Terms & Conditions
Modified 19th July 2010
Please read this Agreement BEFORE registering for the Service. If you do not agree with our Terms & Conditions then please do not register for this service. By registering for the Service You are agreeing to be bound by Our Terms and Conditions of this Agreement for as long as You continue to be a Member.
Buddies4you.com is a Friendship website...You use this site entirely at your own risk..
You must be atleast 18 years old to use this website.
Our terms and conditions are subject to change without notice by posting of the current version on the website. If you do not agree with any changes made to the agreement you should terminate your use of the service.
The Service is provided by the owner of this web domain.This is a legally binding contract made between You and Us ("Agreement"). This Agreement applies to all of Our sites that are offering the Service.
In this Agreement the following words have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise: "Agreement" means the agreement between You and Us incorporating these terms and conditions for the provision of the Service, as amended from time to time in accordance with our terms and conditions set forth herein; "We, Us, Our" means the service Buddies4you.com; and "You, Your, Yourself" means the person who registers for the Service, accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and whose application for membership of the Service is accepted by Us. Eligibility: Minors may not become Members. By becoming a Member, You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by our terms and conditions of this Agreement and that You are at least 18 years of age and not prohibited by the Law in your State/Country to join and use this site. Membership is void where prohibited. User profiles under 18 years of age are not permitted to join and will be deleted.
.Term and Termination This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while You use the Service and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by clicking the Cancel Membership link in Members Panel, or upon receipt by Us of Your written or registered email notice of termination. Even after membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. We may terminate your membership by removing your profile, at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, warning or explanation if these Terms & Conditions are not adhered to.
Fees We reserve the right to cease, limit or modify the access to any free services available and apply a membership fee for any of these services at any time, without notice.
By becoming a Member you agree The following is a partial, but not exhaustive, list of the types of actions that are illegal or prohibited under this Agreement:
1) You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about Yourself including e-mail address, as prompted by Our registration form ("Registration Data"), and to maintain and update Your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if Your Registration Data is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in ANY respect, We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Service and, in such event.
2) You will use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
3) Whilst using ANY of the communication services (Chat rooms, message content or in Your profile) you will not include ANY personal/private contact information (for example, telephone numbers, street addresses, PIN numbers), commercial names, URLs or links to external websites or personal pages, email addresses (or photos containing such information) other than the the specific information asked for in the Confidential Personal 'Sign Up' Information section of the Service.
4) By becoming a member, You specifically agree to accept and consent to receiving email communications initiated from Us or through Us including, without limitation: message notification emails, Your Match emails, emails informing You of promotions and emails informing You of changes to the Service. If You do not wish to receive any of Our email communications, please do not register with Us for the Service.
5) You will not engage in any form of commercial advertising, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You will not transmit any chain letters, spam/bulk, copy/paste/duplicate content messages, scam messages for money or junk email to other members.
You are solely responsible for Your interactions with other members.
7)We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor and/or mediate disputes between You and other members.
8) You will not post on the Service, or transmit to other members via messages or chat rooms, or to Us or Our employees, any deflamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material/pictures, or any material that infringes or violates another party''s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity), or create profiles with repetitive/rubbish content.
9) You will only upload photos that are a photo of you with face clearly visible. You will not include in Your profile, photos or videos any content that is offensive, anatomical, sexually orienated/suggestive or connotative language, and You will not post any photos containing nudity, personal contact information, URLs, email addresses, advertisements, Copyrighted images. We reserve the right, but We have no obligation, to refuse, delete without warning or edit any profile or photo that does not comply with the prohibitions set forth in this section.
10) You will not make fraudulent payments if a fee to register is in place.
11) You will not contact people who have asked you not to contact them and You will respect members profile preferences interests and not "stalk" or otherwise "harass" any person.
12) You will not send messages with the ''same content'' repeatedly (Spam).
13) You will not impersonate any person or entity
14) You will not post, distribute or reproduce, in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
15)You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
16) You will not express or imply that any statements You make are endorsed by Us, without Our specific prior written consent.
17) You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or, in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
18) You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
19) You will not interfere with or disrupt any Service or any site, servers or networks connected to any Service or site.
20) You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
21) You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Service, without Our specific prior written consent.
22) You will not use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Us or the Service or the site connected to the Service in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose.
23) You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or any software used on or for the Service or cause or enable others to do so.
(24) When speaking to Our customer service employees on the phone or communicating with them by any other means, You undertake not to be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing or racially offensive. Should any of Our customer service employees feel, at any given point, threatened or offended by Your conduct, We reserve the right to immediately terminate Your membership.
25) Only one profile per person, no couples profiles. You will not create duplicate account profiles.
26) You will not let anyone else use your membership account, Use ame and password, to access and use the website.
Proprietary Rights You represent and warrant to Us that the information posted in Your profile including Your photograph are posted by You and that You are the exclusive author of Your profile and the exclusive owner of Your photographs. You assign to Us, with full title guarantee, all copyright in Your profile and your photographs posted, at any time, in connection with Your use of the Service. You waive absolutely any and all moral rights to be identified as author of Your profile and owner of Your photograph and any similar rights in any jurisdiction in the world. In addition, other Members may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection, whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which You have been given express written permission, You will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. By posting information, photographs or content on any Service, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to Us and other members, free of charge, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, promote, publish and distribute such information, content and photographs and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing.
Inactivity You acknowledge that We reserve the right to sign out, terminate, delete or purge Your account from the Service if it is inactive. "Inactive" means that you have not signed in to the Service for a particular period of time, as determined by Us, in Our sole discretion (currently, we consider an account to be inactive after 6 months).
Indemnity by Member You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Us and Our officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties harmless, for any losses, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal / atto eys'' fees) relating to or arising out of Your use of the Service, including:
I) Your breach of this Agreement; (II) any allegation that any materials that You submit to Us or transmit to the Service infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (III) Your activities in connection with the Service. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Online Content and Communications Any profile, messages, opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by Us, are those of their respective authors, and The content should not necessarily be relied upon.
We are not responsible for the content posted by the authors and We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness, of any information on the service
and we neither adopt nor endorse nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than us. Under no circumstances are we responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on this service, or transmitted to members.
We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the communications, activities, messages or public content posted using this service. We reserve the right to delete, edit, move or refuse, without notice, including without limitation, any membership, profile,duplicate profile, messages (sent and received), public content, images or photos, which are deemed by us, in our sole discretion to have breached Our Terms & Conditions, or could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful or illegal. Notwithstanding, this right, you remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post in the public areas of this service and in your private email messages.
Intellectual Property All intellectual property rights in and to the Service are and shall be owned by Us, absolutely. Those rights include, but are not limited to, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, wherever existing in the world, together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in Service are the property of their respective owners.
Privacy The personal information (including sensitive personal information) You provide to Us will be stored on computers. Please note that the information that you provide is being sent to the United States. By becoming a member of the Service, you consent to your data being sent to the United States and to such other third parties and jurisdictions as may be involved in the provision and operation of the Service. You consent to Our using this information to build up a profile of interests, preferences and browsing patte s and to allow You to participate in the Service.
Disclaimers (a) We provide the service on an “as is” basis and grant no warranties of any kind, expressed, implied, statutory, in any communication with our representatives, or us or otherwise with respect to the service. We specifically disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. (b) Further, we do not warrant that your use of the service will be secure, uninterrupted, always available or error-free or that the service will meet your requirements or that any defects in the service will be corrected. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability.(c) Third-Party Content & Services We do not endorse or have any responsibility for the quality or content of the links to other websites from our Links pages. You use these external links entirely at your own risk. (d) We reserve the right to modify or withdraw any aspects or features of the Services where we have technical or legal reasons to do so, including (i) any technical problems experienced by Us or on the Inte et or (ii) Data Protection or other legal issues relating to the content or nature of the Buddies4you Service. (e) Although each member must agree to Our terms and conditions, We cannot guarantee that each member is at least the required minimum age, nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Service by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. (f) Also, it is possible that other members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Service and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. (g) It is possible that other members or users, including unauthorized users, or "hackers", may obtain, intercept, amend, or corrupt your personal information, or use it to harass or injure you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that You make available on the Service or release to others.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that you use Buddies4you.com and its services entirely at your OWN RISK.
(b) Messages older than 20 days in your inbox are deleted automatically. We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to store any messages or other content maintained or transmitted by Our Service. In no event will we be liable to you for any incidental, consequential, or direct damages (including, but no limited to, damages for loss of data, loss of programs, cost of procurement of substitute services or service interruptions) arising out of the use or inability to use the service, even if we or our agents or representatives know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or to any person other than you. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid by You, if any, by you to us for the service during the term of your membership.
(c) We do not conduct background checks or otherwise screen the members registering to this service in any way.
We are not responsible for the online OR offline conduct of users or members of this website. We will not be liable for any damages, direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential, arising out of the use of this service, including without limitation damages, arising out of communicating and/or meeting with other members of the service, or individuals introduced to you via the service. Such damages include, without limitation physical damages, bodily injury and or emotional distress and discomfort.
(d) We take no responsibility for any events or meet-ups, or the outcomes of such events arranged by members on this website. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Us, and the Members who arrange meet-up event/s, Our officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties harmless, for any losses, costs, liabilities, damages, injuries and/or expenses (including reasonable legal / atto eys'' fees) relating to or arising from any member attending a Meetup Group Event/s.
(d) We disclaim ALL liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other members or users (including unauthorized users) whether such acts or omissions occur during the use of the service or otherwise.
(e) Nor do we accept liability for any losses or damages to any of your computer hardware of software caused as a result of you downloading any computer viruses contained in or on the website whether accessed by you, by clicking on links posted in the chat rooms by other members, by viewing, copying, any types of downloading or opening emails. It is the obligation members to check any inte et emails and attachments for viruses. Inte et e-mails are not necessarily secure. We do not accept responsibility to changes made to messages after they are sent.
(f) We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of this service.
(g) We are not liable for the content published by registered members who use this service [Communications Decency Act of 1996 (CDA)].
To report any abuse of this service or to resolve Complaints, You should first Contact Us